Hell is not punishment,
it's training.
Shunryu Suzuki

13 jun 2011


In the episode A Golden Crown from Game of Thrones a swordsmaster says: If you're with your trouble when fighting happens, more trouble for you. 

      I'm watching this HBO series and so far I agree with the praise it is getting from, well, everybody. My standard for becoming attached to the adventures and misadventures of any given bunch of fictional characters is simple enough: I have to sympathise with even the ones a viewer is not conventionally expected to sympathise. Yet I have to say that it is going to be hard for me to have any sympathy for Jaime Lannister, which is more than compensated for by my fascination for his brother, the imp, Tyrion Lannister. So far, this dwarf has more dramatic stature than most of the other characters, and I am curious to see what good things are yet to come from this quarter.


    Whether I may be nudged in the direction of actually reading the books, A Song of Ice and Fire, a six-book series apparently, which started out as a trilogy (surprise, surprise), is quite a different matter.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario