Hell is not punishment,
it's training.
Shunryu Suzuki

4 jun 2011

British Slang

        Watching The In-Betweeners and The Misfits.  In other words, I’m feasting (kind of) my ears on Britslang. They end everything they say with a question or a though. You’re not a jerk, but a prick or maybe a twat.  Girls will say don’t be daft! to their boyfriends if they’re being a bit goofy. It’s only me, but I’ll say Give US a hand, mate! Yes, buddy, you’re me mate, now. And this is not slang, but I like it when they come home and announce themselves with it's only me!

     The hormone-crazed teenagers from The In-Betweeners are permanently on the hunt for a snog with an unreachable, imaginary bird they never seem to pull, and whose face they never manage to cover with their, pardon my French, spunk. Which maybe that’s why, every 5 minutes or so, they accuse each other of being bent
                      

     The chav (or should I say chavette) in The Misfits speaks this interesting variant of English which I might call London Angry (Very Angry). She's well fit, but I wouldn't go near her with a ten foot pole. In The In-Betweeners one of the boys shouts shotgun! when he wants to sit next to the driver. It being an American idiom, he then has to explain it to his mates.
   
    More on this later.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario